SAIC has an immediate opening for a Project Manager with backgrounds Information Technology (IT) Network Engineering services to oversee the cost, schedule, and performance activities of an Enterprise IT Network Service Provider. The successful applicant will participate within a team of network Systems Engineers and Technical Advisors (SETAs) overseeing the design, delivery, enhancement, and recapitalization of a multi-site environment leveraging Routers, Firewalls, VPNs, Cloud and associated technologies/services. Candidates will leverage their background in implementing network infrastructure service provisioning of backbones, CANs/LANs, Access Controls, VLANs, and similar network related solutions to assess the service provider’s proposed approaches for solving organizational needs.
On the Job Training will be provided in the customer’s specific knowledge domain, but the successful candidate must be able to:
- Successfully work independently as well as within a team
- Proactively perform as a change agent focused on translating customer requirements into service provider tasking
- Perform technical assessments of a service provider’s proposed solutions to ensure they fulfill the customer’s requirements
- Track, document, and communicate observations associated with the service provider’s solution implementation from a cost, schedule, and performance oversight perspective
- Strategically assess the customer’s vision and needs to seek opportunities to influence and improve service delivery quality
- Assist the customer with evaluating service demand against available capacities in an effort to help prioritize expansion verses recapitalization investment
- Evaluate and recommend architecture and acquisition plans, service level terms, and perform business case analysis
- Support the integration of network technologies with other IT domains, such as cloud computing, client/server implementations, Big Data analysis, Quality of Service management, IT resiliency, and Continuity of Operations
- Coordinate activities with IT portfolio managers, policy leads, resource managers, and program managers
- Ensure meeting coordination, scope clarity, policy compliance, and alignment with strategic objectives
- Capture, document, and present analysis process, findings, and project statuses to decision makers
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Bachelors in a STEM field of study and nine (9) years or more work experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more work experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more work experience; Work experience of more than nine (11) years is sufficient without a degree
- PMP and/or Agile certification is a plus, but not required
- ITIL certification is a plus, but not required
- Five (5) or more years of experience with IT Network Management
- Hands-on experiences with network hardware such as routers (Cisco, Juniper), switches (Cisco, Juniper, Brocade), and Firewalls (Palo Alto, ASA, Sidewinder, IPtables)
- Hands-on experience with network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Multicast, VOIP, HSRP, etc.
- Troubleshooting Layers 1-4 within the OSI 7-Layer stack
- Two (2) or more years of experience with Project Management
- Strong customer relationship management
- Excellent writing, organization, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Simultaneous management of multiple tasks and deliverables
- Must Possess and maintain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance with Poly
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.