SAIC has an immediate opening for a Requirements Manager with a background in Information Technology (IT) Network Engineering services to assess Request for Changes (RFCs), Requested Items (RITMs), customer capacity requests, organization commits, and service provider cost impact assessments. The successful applicant will participate within a team of network Systems Engineers and Technical Advisors (SETAs) overseeing the design, delivery, enhancement, and recapitalization of a multi-site environment leveraging Routers, Firewalls, VPNs, Cloud and associated technologies/services. Candidates will leverage their background in implementing network infrastructure service provisioning of backbones, CANs/LANs, Access Controls, VLANs, and similar network related solutions to assess service provider cost, schedule, and scope impacts.
On the Job Training will be provided in the customer’s specific Systems Engineering processes and knowledge domain, but the successful candidate must be able to:
- Successfully work independently as well as within a team
- Proactively coordinate, research, and evaluate customer proposed needs (i.e., RFCs)
- Work with Service Portfolio Managers (SPfMs) and service providers to perform technical assessments of proposed customer needs to determine if the request is compatible with standard service offerings, or represents new service type requirement for the service provider
- Assess and document the service provider’s potential program cost, schedule, and scope commitment impacts associated with proposed need (i.e., RFC)
- Strategically assess the customer’s vision against customer needs to seek opportunities to influence and improve service delivery options
- Assist the customer with evaluating service demand against available service provider capacities in an effort to help prioritize expansion verses recapitalization investments
- Perform as a change agent focused on translating customer requirements (i.e., RFCs) into service provider tasking (i.e., RITMs)
- Perform as a commitment manager to ensure service requests (i.e., RITMs) are within the previously agreed to scope commitments (i.e., RFCs) to prevent customer scope creep
- When scope creep is detected, inform customers of the need for updated scope commitments (i.e., RFCs) and appropriate inter-organization funding, or Un-Funded Requests (UFRs) definitions
- Capture, document, and present cost, schedule, and scope analysis, findings, and projected commitment statuses to decision makers
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Bachelors in a STEM field of study and nine (9) years or more work experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more work experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more work experience; Work experience of more than nine (11) years is sufficient without a degree
- Network+, CCNA (active or inactive), or similar certification is a plus, but not required
- PMP and/or Agile certification is a plus, but not required
- ITIL certification is a plus, but not required
- Five (5) or more years of experience with IT Network Management
- Hands-on experiences with network hardware such as routers (Cisco, Juniper), switches (Cisco, Juniper, Brocade), and Firewalls (Palo Alto, ASA, Sidewinder, IPtables), and/or other related IT network technologies
- One (1) or more years of experience with Project Management
- Strong customer relationship management
- Excellent writing, organization, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Simultaneous management of multiple tasks and deliverables
- Must Possess and maintain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance with Poly
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.