SAIC has a requirement to ﬁll an IT Systems Analyst position in support of the Naval Information Warfare Command (NIWC) Paciﬁc. This work will be performed on-site in San Diego, CA, to perform requirements analysis in support of development of HARPS functional requirements, new capability development, and sustainment engineering.
The IT system, Human Analysis and Requirements Planning System (HARPS) is a web-based solution used for development, review and validation of Navy documents. The goal of the HARPS tool is to make development more efficient, and to improve the uniformity and quality of deliverables.
The Systems Analyst shall be responsible for the following activities (including but not limited to):
- Provides System and Business Analyst support to the HARPS system.
- Perform requirements analysis in support of development of HARPS functional requirements, new capability development, and sustainment engineering.
- Work closely with the HARPS Owner, Stakeholders, Customers and Users to understand the business context in which the IT system operates, and business requirements of the IT system.
- Create and maintain Software Requirements Specifications (SRS) and associated software artifacts, such as wireframes, User Interface concepts, and design mock-ups.
- Maintain configuration control of the requirements artifacts.
- Maintain requirements traceability in the process of developing requirements documentation, such that functional requirements shall be traceable back to the Stakeholder requirements and to the lower level functional and technical requirements.
- Maintain a current Functional Baseline as required in Configuration Management.
- Create a requirements process and conduct Requirements and Design Reviews.
- Make recommendations to the Government for implementing industry and Navy best practices and standards, such as the implementation of S1000D standards and delivery of S1000D technical documentation development and viewing capabilities in the most cost effective manner.
- Upon Government approval, implement and sustain the solution in accordance with documented requirements.
- Review and provide recommendations on SYSCOM, program of record, and DoN S1000D practices and their impact on S1000D artifacts, such as Joint Service, DoN, and SPAWAR business rules, the information code library, the information set template, the functionality matrix and SPAWAR S1000D capability.
- Maintain Data Type Definitions (DTDs), stylesheets, and applications used to develop and render SPAWAR-approved XML “content chunks” into Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) and Portable Document Format (PDF) technical manual.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in support of the SPAWAR TMMP policy and process.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in Software Development, Computer Engineering, Project Management or related fields and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Experience in constructing, supporting, and providing Flag-level military and civilian SES-level presentations.
- Knowledge of Navy Enterprise Data Center and Federal Cloud hosting business practices and infrastructure.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Five years’ experience (desired) in:
- The HARPS business domain.
- The Navy Training System Plan (NTSP) development process.
- Working with IT system users, customers, and other stakeholders to capture, document, and develop statements of business need, which can be translated into IT solution requirements.
- A supervisory position related to information technology.
- Three years’ experience (desired) in:
- Deploying large scale websites utilizing Navy NMCI infrastructure and security requirements.
- Tools used to develop and capture IT system functional requirements, including Business Process Modeling and Unified Modeling Language.
- Developing Navy Training System Plan (NTSP) plans and related training plan documents.
- One year’s experience (desired) in:
- Other aspects of software development, including the development and review of test cases, process change requests, and project management of a software development effort.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.