As leader in the exciting and growing field of High Performance Computing (HPC), SAIC is searching for a System Administration Manager to join our team working to solve critical mission challenges supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP) located at the Stennis Space Center, Mississippi.
The successful candidate will be responsible for high-level technology evaluation and management of the Linux, Windows, and Storage infrastructure disciplines which will include elicitation and analysis of system requirements, analysis and application of existing and future computing technologies, and architecture development for all aspects of Information Technology Infrastructure, inclusive of HPC platforms. This is in support of Information Technology activities at the Navy DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (NAVY DSRC).
This role will include:
- Ensuring all technical requirements of the contract at the DSRC are being met
- Be the primary point-of-contact for the government Technical Director, or equivalent, of the DSRC and work in tandem to ensure the successful operations of the DSRC
- Anticipate future requirements and provide feedback and recommendations to DSRC as needed
- Work with the Site Lead to ensure appropriate skilled resources maintain qualifications and competencies
- Provide technical oversight to all projects performed at the DSRC, negotiating and adjusting resources as needed with the site lead to ensure timely completion of projects and tasks on time and within budget
- Ensure configuration management of assets is maintained
- Represent the DSRC in Enterprise initiatives and/or capability meetings to ensure the DSRC is well-represented
- Maintain currency of all DSRC technical activities as well as HPCMP activities to obviate communication gaps
- Advise on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and systems
- Lead the soliciting, collecting, and evaluating of vendor proposals, and lead the development of integration plans for new technology
- Bachelors and (14) years or more experience; OR Masters and (12) years or more experience; OR PhD or JD and (9) years or more experience.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the full Top Secret Security clearance. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate
- Must have prior Lead / Management experience
- 10% travel - primarily for industry conferences
- Experience with various Linux distributions (RHEL, SLES, etc.)
- Experience with storage architectures: SAN, SAS, FC, SATA, NVMe, SSD, Bandwidth, Performance
- Experience managing hardware and software asset life cycle as well as associated maintenance contracts
- Familiarity with HPC supporting software (cluster management tools, compilers, scheduling tools)
- Understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) standards and their relationship to HPC architectures and systems and other security support systems
- Understanding of HPC supporting hardware (networking, low-latency interconnects, storage, parallel file systems, and HSM systems
- Ability to identify systems and/or applications that will improve DSRC functions and processes
- Ability to attend industry conferences and vendor briefings, advise senior technical staff on the feasibility and applicability of new technologies, and apply those technologies to the HPCMP Centers organization
- Familiarity with Supply Chain/Procurement management activities and processes
- Strong communication skills to interact with customers, management personnel, and team members, including documentation and writing skills
- DoD 8570 certification, Security+ desired but not required
- Project management or application development management experience
- Familiarity with facilities management (system cooling and power utilization)
- Managing large hierarchical storage data/media infrastructure
- Strong customer focus and proven ability to manage and help shape customer behavior and decisions
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work in a dynamic work environment, and persistence to follow-through on tasks in the face of obstacles
- Ability to work as part of a multi-faceted team
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.