SAIC is hiring a Technical Help Desk L2 for a key role supporting the US Armed force AESD team in Honolulu, HI.
NOTE: This is an ONSITE position at Fort Shafter in Honolulu, HI. This position is not a flexwork/remote position. This role requires that the person be flexible to work rotating-shifts in 24x7x365 call center environment.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK a 5x8 or 4x10 shift within the 1st/2nd/3rd shift options, and the shift options vary.
- Responsible for answering queries and resolving Tier 0/1 level technical issues for local and remote users through various channels such as telephone, chat, email, and tickets submitted online. Adheres to all company and department policies and procedures.
- Responds to escalated tickets from end users, diagnosing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with hardware, software, network, and system/applications utilizing advanced technical skills, historical database records, and knowledgebase documentation.
- Supports commercial (COTS) software, customer specific applications, internet browsers, desktops, laptops, mobile devices and more.
- May route tickets to product line, application, or system support specialists, requiring clearly documented description of situation and any troubleshooting already performed.
- May monitor phone and chat queues, email inbox, and the status of service desk tickets to ensure they are completed in a timely manner, alerting management of recurring problems or patterns of problems. Provides guidance and possibly coaching to other technicians and may have limited leadership responsibilities within the team.
- Contributes to knowledgebase growth and improvement, represents service desk in interactions with other support teams, and may participate in special projects as required.
Required Education and Experience
- High School and 3 years of related experience with relevant certification; OR Associate’s Degree in Computer Networking/Engineering or related field and 2 year related experience
- Able to work rotating shifts.
- Be 8570 Compliant- At least IAT Level II (ex. Security+, CySA+ or CCNA-Security)
- Must have or able to obtain ITIL Foundation within 90 days of hire
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance. Able to start once Interim Secret is granted.
- 2+ years of related technical support experience in a call center environment
- Proven experience providing effective and professional communication, addressing complex technical issues via telephone, email, and chat
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to provide leadership to teammates in a fast-paced SLA driven environment
- Interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communications, including the ability to collaborate effectively and coach others
- Deep understanding of IT concepts/practices and experience with common service desk software.
- Proven ability to think and troubleshoot logically and act decisively in critical situations
- Extensive experience supporting Microsoft Office and Windows Operating Systems
- Experience with account administration practices and Identity Management tools, understands common related security practices
- Excellent Interpersonal, written, and oral communication skill
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.