SAIC is looking for Motor Transportation Field Service Representatives to support 2nd and 3rd echelon maintenance and operational training on the USMC Medium and Light Tactical Vehicle Platforms (JLTV, UTV and HMMWV).
Selected candidates will work on Marine Corps Base Hawaii (MCBH) Kaneohe Bay, HI. This is a full-time hourly benefits eligible position and does not provide housing or per-diem pay.
Select candidate must be willing to travel and deploy OCONUS as needed, up to 50%.
- FSR may be required to assist Master Operational Instructors for training instruction and will be required to evaluate operators and equipment
- FSR will identify and replace components and conduct functional tests to return articles to service
- Document maintenance and inspection actions
- Review technical documentation to identify planned maintenance action requirements
- Review and implement service advisory/service bulletins
- Provide analysis and recommendations for changes and improvements to equipment installation, operation, modification, and maintenance for equipment
- Maintainers will be required to support all vehicle systems to include; communication, engine repair, automatic transmission, manual transmission, suspensions, brakes, electronic systems, heating and air, and ancillary system and subsystems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of military wheeled vehicle maintenance processes, licensing, policies, culture, operation, and training
- Knowledge of parts, materials, and processes related to electrical and mechanical components
- Ability to perform all duties while scrupulously adhering to all prescribed safety protocols
- Ability to use various hand, power-driven, and specialty tools
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, handbooks, sketches, block diagrams, schematics, and blueprint drawings
- Ability to install mounts, brackets, cables, connectors, electronic equipment, and labels
- Ability to annotate and modify documentation into databases
- Ability to perform quality repairs in a timely manner
- Ability to maintain serialized parts inventory This will include warranty tracking to ensure retention for potential return
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have a High School diploma and three (3) years relevant experience; OR Associates degree and one (1) year relevant experience
- Relevant experience including integration, installation, repair, and preventative maintenance efforts for Military wheeled vehicles
- Relevant experience showing the ability to provide classroom and physical practical exercise instruction for Operator New Equipment Training (NET) for LTV platforms
- Ability to meet all OCONUS location-specific requirements as outlined by DOD 450054-G, Foreign Clearance Guide
- Available for up to 6-month deployment supporting Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU)
- Must have a US Passport with 6 months validity
- Have availability for a flexible work schedule, including extended, weekend or holiday hours, sometimes on short notice as needed (required)
- Must have a valid US Driver's License
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DD OF346 (US Government Motor Vehicle Operator's Identification Card)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.