SAIC is seeking a Technical Writer to support a Ground Based Air Defense (GBAD) Program for the US Marines in North Charleston, SC.
Note: This role offers a hybrid work schedule that will split time between working onsite at the Customer and work from home/ remote/ telework/ virtual work at home.
- Write and update material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures, and installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology, may maintain records and files of work and revisions, select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material, assist in laying out material for publication arrange for typing, duplication and distribution of material.
- Work in conjunction with and alongside technicians, logisticians, engineers and the customer to capture and document through written, pictorial and line drawing instructions the technical details of proposed and actual prototyping and the assembly and integration of C4ISR systems into various military vehicle platforms.
- May be tasked with the creation of Technical Instructions (TIs), Technical Manuals (TMs), Technical Bulletins (TB), Illustrated Parts Breakdowns.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism and 3 years related experience.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Position of Trust within the DoD and a CAC Card.
- 3+ year of Technical Writing experience.
- Prior IETM creation experience.
- Experience with creating Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) utilizing authoring software such as IADS4.
- Experience creating technical publications utilizing XML format, using 3-D modeling software and 2-D illustration programs to create high quality technical illustrations using editing and illustrating software.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.