SAIC is looking for an experienced Agile Coach to help transition our business from its existing work practices to infusing a real agile understanding from the top-down. This is a remote work position that may be performed from any location within the United States.
You will coach, mentor and guide our people to figure out the best solutions for their specific department challenges. You will analyze the organization's existing infrastructure and implement improvements to help streamline processes and create efficiencies. Ultimately, you will play a key role in the long-term strategy across the entire organization, helping our teams to deliver better products in a faster, more efficient manner.
Objectives of this Role
- Work with project teams to analyze current systems and processes and design a strategy for the adoption of agile best practices
- Guide teams to help them stay on track with agile techniques, fine-tuning approaches as needed to ensure the overall strategy is being met
- Lead agile workshops for both development and functional teams, as well as key stakeholders
- Promote and advocate a culture of continuous improvement, setting goals and milestones and being accountable for them
- Drive cultural change by championing an agile mindset and ensure the organization is at the forefront of industry best practices
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Facilitate learning and development through individual and team coaching
- Coach senior management in agile practices to ensure adoption of best practices from top-down
- Effectively communicate agile principles, scrum practices and overall operating model across the organization
- Champion the use of metrics and other objective measures across teams
- Undertake daily follow-ups with individual team members to ensure projects are on track and goals are being met
- Keep an objective perspective on issues and troubleshoots by applying agile principles
- Hold stand-up meetings with cross-functional teams to review project status
- Support teams in determining the resource allocation to maintain agile practices and ensure smooth project delivery
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and ten (10) years or more experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years of experience as an Agile Coach
- Experience in Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe)
- Can showcase examples of implementing agile techniques in different cultures and environments
- Experience running agile projects of varying size and complexity
- Strong leader, educator, and coach
- An excellent communicator and motivator
- Must be a US Citizen
- Scrum Coach certification
- Scrum Master certification
- Experience coaching at large organizations or Fortune 500 companies
- Computer Science background
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $135,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.