SAIC has an immediate opportunity for a Network Engineer on the NASA National Security Systems Team (NSS) at Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL. This position requires a Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and video communication activities.
- Perform configuration, preventative maintenance, fault isolation of local/remote LAN equipment, and possess a detailed knowledge of and experience with various Cisco product lines.
- Duties may include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Conduct testing of network systems and associated devices.
- Evaluate and report on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Ensures data integrity and storage meet Federal standards.
- Conduct audit of equipment and production systems and create appropriate reports.
- Provide guidance to subordinates to achieve objectives in accordance with established policies.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelors and 2 years of related experience. Masters and 0 years related experience. Experience can be used in lieu of degree.
- The candidate must have a concrete working knowledge of network infrastructure design, routed data protocols, and hardware platforms.
- Firm knowledge of technologies such as DHCP, DNS, SSH, TCP, and UDP.
- Experience in WAN and LAN, routing, switching, firewall, load-balancing, NSA type 1 encryption devices.
- Advanced understanding of security device architecture, engineering, and installation/management.
- Demonstrate configuration level knowledge of Cisco Firewalls.
- Proven experience in a similar Network Engineer role and in an IT environment of similar scope and scale.
- Knowledge in Operating Systems such as Windows, Cisco, and CentOS.
- Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Knowledge of Riverbed Steel Central Appliances
- Knowledge of Splunk
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager Suite
- Certification: CCNA, CCNP, Sec+
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.