SAIC is seeking a Battle Captain to support our efforts with the The Network Operations Security Center (NOSC) in a Remote role based out of Hawaii. The Battle Captain provides coordination across different IT enterprise lines of effort, customers, and the government and tracks incidents and drives issues to completion. The NOSC Battle Captain will be the primary point of contact for significant events and major incident reporting, establishing bridges between enterprise support team members and affected tenants, facilitating communications and reporting on resolution / lessons learned / after action reports.
***THIS POSITION IS 100% REMOTE BUT MUST BE LOCAL TO HAWAII***
Duties of the NOSC Battle Captain include:
- Maintains situational awareness of all outages and incidents affecting IT enterprise managed assets
- Documents and submits to program leadership AAR (comments/findings/recommendations) from major incidents/outages
- Ensures leadership has visibility of critical incidents
- Ensures situational understanding and sense of urgency is obtained in order to ensure proper prioritization of tickets and incidents, ensures that operational impact of tickets and incidents is fully understood
- Ensures the proper application of enterprise policy and procedure
- Maintains documentation on ongoing events, coordinates response across the enterprise teams
- Documents the resolution of events and maintains a library of lessons learned to make recommendations for changes in TTPs, SOPs, and overall security posture
- Makes recommendations for courses of actions in response to incidents and vulnerabilities
- Ensure accurate reporting to enterprise team leads regarding ongoing activity, coordinates with internal and external leadership
- Delivers a periodic Battle Update Brief (BUB) to identify major ongoing efforts and ensure appropriate actions are taken
- Conducts operational handover briefs
- Identifies gaps and makes contributions to the NOSC knowledge base
- Performs various related tasks as assigned
- Active US DoD SECRET security clearance
- BS Degree in IT or related field (4 years equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree) and 4 years of realted experience
- Prior Battle Captain or TOC NCO experience, branch immaterial
- Must be comfortable with operating in a virtual environment and eager to learn IT tools, lingo and processes
- ITIL Foundations certification within 6 months of hire
- Excellent organizational, documentation, communication and personal skills
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Understanding of the Army mission and how IT contributes to the delivery of products or services supporting those missions is a plus
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of Army customers/organizations and senior leaders
- Ability to drive process improvements and identify gaps
- Proactive in engagement with customers and management
- Clear and concise written and oral communications in English
- IT operations experience at the Brigade level or higher
- Certifications: IAT II certification - Security+ CE,
- Remote Position located on East Coast of US, West Coast of US, and Hawaii time zones
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- May require periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends or weekend on-call (if applicable)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.