We are currently seeking a REMOTE, motivated, career and customer oriented ServiceNow Platform Developer/Administrator to join our team to being an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
The ServiceNow Platform Developer is responsible for supporting the design, development, maintenance, administration, and continuous improvement of enterprise Service Management solutions in ServiceNow. This is a SME/Subject matter expert role; the successful candidate will collaborate with the existing internal ServiceNow team (and customers) on projects following industry standards. Development efforts will include (but are not limited to) catalog items, business rules, workflow, custom portal pages, widgets, scoped applications, interfaces, API and software integrations, customized web pages, user interface policies, server and client scripts. Also participates in administration of ServiceNow to include upgrades, updates, etc. reporting to program leadership and customer.
- Designs, plans and administrates ServiceNow platform components.
- Assists in the development of automation scripts for efficient deployment and operation of ServiceNow using a variety of scripting and programming languages.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant to industry standards such as ITIL v4 and best practices of ServiceNow.
- Assists in the development of creative technical solutions to complex problems.
- Maintains effective Process Guides and workflows in conjunction with real-time operations and verifies content for all future enhancements via the Change Management process.
- Exercises judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Familiar with Agile development processes for transition from design, testing to the production environment.
Education / Certification / Security Clearance Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or Business
- At least 8 years of experience including a minimum 4 years of professional experience in design, development and/or administration of the ServiceNow platform.
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator (CSA)
- DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certifications for IAT Level I
- Minimum Interim Secret Clearance to start
- US Citizen
Required Skills/Experience Requirements:
- Experienced with ITSM and ITIL concepts and framework, providing expertise to guide ITSM and ITIL implementations and administration
- System integration experience using web services and other web-based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
- Better than fundamental understanding of ServiceNow platform capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience implementing best-practices and procedures and integration with Service Desk functions and policies
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as Change Management, Service Catalog, Problem Management, Incident Management, CMDB, Asset Management, Knowledge Management, Service Catalog, etc.
- Ability to provide ServiceNow customization and configuration including but not limited to: scripting, workflow administration, report setup, module customization, data imports and third-part software integration.
Desired Skills/Experience Requirements:
- Certifications or Micro-Certifications in CSM, FSM, ITOM, SAM, SecOps and ITBM
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.