Job ID: 2112422
Location: REMOTE WORK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2021
Category: Business Management
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
The Accounting Services & Development department currently has an opening for an Accounting Team Manager position. This position can be worked remotely. We are seeking a highly motivated, dynamic, Accounting Manager to lead our fast-paced department. This is an excellent opportunity to lead a team responsible for a broad level of accounting functions performed throughout the company. Leading this department will provide unique and rotating responsibilities, regular interactions with multiple financial organizations, and highly challenging tasks that are sure to keep you stimulated and constantly learning something new. This role will report directly to the Accounting Director within the Controller’s organization
This position will lead a department responsible for multiple tasks such as supporting management monitoring of SAIC policies and procedures, providing accounting support for special projects, performing SOX and DFARS control testing, assisting with various audit requests, and many others. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing a wide variety of activities, which requires an understanding of SAIC policies/procedures and Financial regulations to ensure compliance.
The Accounting Services & Development organization provides audit support, SOX and compliance testing, ad hoc analysis, management reporting, and document management services within SAIC. We are a dedicated world-class finance organization built on a foundation of strong ethics and integrity, innovative business solutions, business insight and partnership, and leadership and career development that enables the successful execution of the enterprise strategy.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
• Support Internal, External and Government audit requests through coordination with various departments while ensuring documentation provided is compliant with CAS, FAR and SAIC policies
• Manage the departmental performance of SOX and DFAR control testing to include assigning, reviewing, and approving of control testing
• Conduct testing results discussions with various stakeholders and oversee the implementation of remediation plans based on audit findings
• Lead various accounting initiatives to enhance processes with the goal of improving financial metrics
• Oversee process updates to company review of employee’s site designations to ensure correct overhead burdening of labor costs
• Responsible for the regular maintenance and updating of departmental process documents
• Responsible for training and cross training of departmental analysts to assist in career development and ensure personnel are able to successfully complete assigned tasks
Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and five (5) years or more experience; experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
• Candidate must possess strong leadership skills required to manage an accounting department responsible for a wide variety of tasks.
• Candidate must possess strong communication and presentation skills.
• Candidate must be have the ability to telework and manage teams remotely with access to a reliable internet connection.
• Candidate must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint).
• Candidate must be able to analyze and interpret large amounts of financial data.
• Candidate must possess experience in Government Contract Accounting and utilization of Costpoint.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.