Job ID: 2112373
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 8, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to support one of our Navy programs located in San Diego, CA.
• Works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties identified above independently.
• May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
• Conduct systems / system of systems architecture design, testing, implementation, integration, review, and certification activities.
• Conduct data analyses, interpret, and summarize results.
• Conduct technical requirements definition/allocation.
• Develop technical documentation, to include test plans and reports.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Operations Research, Mathematics, Physics, or Business Administration and 5 or more years of experience - additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
• Must currently obtain a Secret clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI
• Experience with SATCOM/Communications
• Experience with communications and computing architectures and associated documentation.
• Experience with leveraging Computer Aided Drawing (CAD) development practices and using CAD tools.
• Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and data mining skills
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to learn and apply technical concepts to assigned duties.
• Ability to explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of drawing conclusions to address business problems.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.