Job ID: 2112361
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2021
Subcategory: Military Operations
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for an experienced U.S. Navy F/A-18E/F pilot or WSO to provide advanced, high-level training in TACAIR employment to Carrier Strike Groups and other Naval forces. This position is for someone who is passionate about tactical training and ensuring our Naval Forces are fully trained and ready for deployment. Work is in support of war games and integrated fleet training.
Place of performance is San Diego, CA, with occasional travel to Fleet Concentration Areas.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Development of advanced war game scenarios to support training to Navy warfare commanders and staffs in TACAIR employment, to include aircraft carrier operations, strike warfare (both land and maritime), integrated air defense, joint integration, and other TACAIR missions and planning factors
• Facilitation of war game execution and accomplishment of training objectives by managing strike warfare scenario aspects, role-playing and coordinating TACAIR elements as required, and responding to training audience actions as needed to manage scenario play
• Facilitation of student planning efforts in strike warfare aspects of war game scenarios and being prepared to provide academic briefs and other instruction in F/A-18 employment
• Liaison with Navy and Joint centers of excellence, and provide SME support to program in latest USN doctrine, tactics, techniques and procedures for TACAIR employment
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience
• Active Secret clearance
• Thorough knowledge of F/A-18E/F capabilities and limitations, systems, and tactical employment
• 10 years of experience in planning, implementation and execution of Naval strike fighter tactics and employment. Thorough understanding of C2 and coordination requirements between aircraft, TACAIR components, warfare commanders, naval units, and joint components.
• Experience developing comprehensive training scenarios
• Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor designation
• Experience with distributed training initiatives, such as Navy Fleet Synthetic Training or Navy Aviation Distributed Training
• Experience with Live-Virtual-Constructive training initiatives
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.