Job ID: 2112332
Location: OMAHA, NE, United States
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2021
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
We are looking for candidates passionate about craftsmanship, teamwork, and delivering user capability to join SAIC supporting the Air Force weather community on the Technology Application Development & Sustainment (TADS) contract.
Software Engineers will design, develop, and maintain software systems from science to operations within an empowered, cross-functional team.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Growth Mindset
• Servant Leadership
• Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
• Experience with programming languages such as Java, React, Python, C++, FORTRAN
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, Theory of Constraints)
• Experience with configuration management tools (Git, Mercurial, ...)
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery concepts and enabling tools such as Jenkins, Maven, and Ansible
• Familiarity with service based standards such as REST and Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Web Services (OWS)
• Testing tools (e.g. Junit, Selenium, jMeter)
• Code quality tools (e.g. Sonar, Cast)
• Static scanning (e.g. Fortify)
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
• CompTIA Security+, Network+, CSSLP, or equivalent
• Active Secret Clearance
• Familiarity with 557th Weather Wing
• Familiarity with meteorological data formats like METAR, GriB, GriB2, and NetCDF
• Knowledge of scientific software development techniques, preferably for environmental datasets
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.