SAIC is seeking a Network Engineer to perform various IT services including software installation and network configuration for our Tactical Networks (TACNET) Technical and Production Support Team in Norfolk, VA.
The Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES) program is the Navy’s next generation tactical afloat network. CANES represents the consolidation and enhancement of five shipboard legacy network programs to provide the common computing environment for more than forty (40) command, control, intelligence and logistics applications.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Collaborate with US government civilians, active duty military personnel, and industry partners to provide system configuration, operability, and sustainment services to the warfighter.
- Perform functional tests of network and server systems, software installations, system upgrades, hardware/cable changes, and component configuration in both lab facility and shipboard environments.
- Integrate hosted and connected systems.
- Document all system/drawing discrepancies.
- Provide root cause analysis and propose permanent baseline configuration changes.
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations in support of customer requirements
- Provide occasional weekend and off hour support.
- Participate in engineering reviews of technical documents and drawings to enhance the design and integration of planned CANES installations.
- Provide on the job training and familiarization to sailors.
- Generate daily technical status, travel, and after action reports.
- Report and escalate issues, prepare briefs, and provide presentations.
- Participate in integrated product team and pre-installation project planning meetings.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, or engineering and four (4) years’ experience; OR eight (8) years of hands-on experience with Navy Shipboard Networks
- Active SECRET Clearance
- Current Security +, CASP, or CISSP certification
- Ability to obtain CCNA, MCSA, Linux+, VCP, or other OS certification within 6 months of hire date
- Strong technical troubleshooting background
- Experience with CISCO routers and switches OR Windows/Linux server administration
- Effective communicator with strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt in a high-paced, dynamic work environment and manage shifting priorities
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Experience with CANES, ISNS, CENTRIX, ADNS, or SCI Networks is a plus!
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.