SAIC is seeking a Requirement Engineer to do in-depth requirements analysis, drafting and receiving approval for new requirements and may include final technical review and validation of requirements. This work includes overseeing requirements tracking, and collaborating with team, customers and service providers to identify requirements and changes that will fulfill the customer’s need. These positions will stay abreast of new opportunities to implement customer-required changes.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Draft and or performs vetting process of new requirement. Making sure all information needed to complete a requirement is provided.
- Translate business requirements into detailed user, functional, and systems requirements that will be developed by the development team
- Provide final technical review and validation of requirements
- Coordinate and facilitate exchange meetings or forums to determine needs of customer; consult with customer to clarify and validate complex request if necessary.
- Coordinate and facilitate or provide substantive input to meetings to assist in the design and implementation of requirements and to determine the impact of changes and the possible technical solutions to business needs
- Ensure all necessary approvals have been obtained such as Security, CIC, etc
- Prepare requirements for review and acceptance by review boards
- Review and/or assign requirements to appropriate service provider
- May oversee tasking to service providers or developers within who implement the requirement
- Expertise aligning requirement from multiple customer documents to develop and maintain a Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Analyzing joint needs statements and recommend capability requirements to support solutions in order to fulfill capability gaps and optimize capability investments across the programs.
- Supporting gap analysis activities by comparing, documenting, and reporting shortfalls in proposed capabilities. Assessing how well the capability meets the requirement, document any gaps that may exist, and ensure that the capability aligns with Sponsor and meets the intent of the development objective or capability.
- May monitor submitted requirements and communicates status to customers
- Interacts with service providers and customer to resolve complex concerns associated with pending and/or in-process requirements
- Ensures follow-up with customers and providers; may verify completion of requirements with customers and service providers, ensuring expectations are being met
- May assist with collection and reporting of requirement related metrics
- Facilitates meetings with stakeholders to prioritize work to be done
- Work with developers to understand evolving systems
- Draft concept papers, us cases or white papers to capture future changes to the system
- Collaborates with team, customers and service providers or developers to identify requirements and stay abreast of new opportunities to implement
- Established and maintains relationships with customers and partners in other components in order to understand and anticipate requirements.
- Active TS/SCi with CI Poly is required
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in defining, allocating, and validating and verifying system performance against technical, operational, and interface requirements of an appropriately sized (similar to at least Acquisition Category III level) system software or hardware programs.
- 14+ years of overall professional experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business analysis preferred
- Ability to properly prioritize, multi-task, and work collaboratively within the team and customer
- Able to use Jira and create projects within the system
- Familiarity with Service Now
- Demonstrated experience in COA development and analysis.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with team members and Govt staff to facilitate requirement definition, clarification and documentation.
- Excellent oral and written capabilities
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.