SAIC is seeking an Electrical Engineer on the NASA OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA’s mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation’s economy and protect lives and property.
The candidate will provide electrical systems engineering support including but not limited to:
- Oversight for the design, integration, and testing of the Command & Data Handling system, electrical harnesses and Electrical Power System flight subsystem components and ensuring compatibility with the mission instruments,
- Providing electrical systems oversight and support to the S/C vendor and the various Instrument teams and development and definition of subsystem/instrument electrical requirements and interfaces.
- Providing support in the planning, organizing, scheduling, managing and directing of electrical systems related activities during the design, development, fabrication and assembly, integration and test and launch of the JPSS observatories.
- Participating in project status meetings, telecons, peer reviews, and major project reviews for spacecraft, instruments, launch vehicle, mission operations system, and science data system.
- Supporting requirements definition, flow-down, validation and verification.
- Preparing/Reviewing project documentation and submitting comments and recommendations.
- Preparing and presenting technical information for technical meetings / reviews / briefings.
- Participating in instrument, spacecraft and observatory testing and anomaly resolution activities, as required.
- Analyzing configuration, design, and procedural changes submitted to the Project change control boards.
- Traveling to vendor sites to support testing.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong ability to independently lead and interact with distributed team members and different corporate cultures.
- Communication skills to discuss needs and concerns across multiple agencies and organizations.
- Knowledge of launch and mission operations.
- Knowledge of satellite and instrument design, integration and test.
- Working knowledge of the following programming languages: ASSEMBLY, C, C++, Java.
- Experience using Verilog/VHDL and SQL.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, MATLAB, SIMULINK, and PSPICE.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.