Description: SAIC is seeking a Contracts Principal to manage contracts/proposals with various Department of Defense Agencies. The position requires knowledge of the government contracts field and will conduct the preparation, negotiation, acceptance, and management of government contracts to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
This position can be worked 100% remote nationwide.
- Reviews contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policy, government specifications and requirements, and conformance to master agreements.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Represents organization as a primary contact on contracts or projects.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Proposal preparation; negotiation and administration of various contracts to include Cost Reimbursable (CR), Time and Materials (T&M), Firm Fixed Price (FFP) and multiple Task Order contracts development;
- Preparation, negotiation, and administration of teaming agreements and proprietary information agreements;
- Collection and submission of data for regulatory reporting; and management of Organizational Conflict of Interest (OCI) Plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience in contracts administration
- Cost proposal experience is required
- Thorough understanding and wide application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards in contract administration
- Full knowledge of industry practices
- Expert knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing assigned contracts, including FAR, DFAR, TINA and CAS
- Effective administrative and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Professional certification (CPCM/CFCM) preferred.
- Secret clearance a plus
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $95,001 - $105,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.