SAIC is seeking a Data Center Manager to support our efforts in Hillsboro, OR at our customer centers. The datacenters support a worldwide, 24x7 environment in support of our nation's infrastructure.
The Data Center Manager will be responsible for managing the overall quality and service of the operation and maintenance of the critical facility infrastructure systems in accordance with industry standards and Client's policies and procedures. The Manager will work closely with the Client's data center operations POC's and the Client's facilities leadership team. The successful candidate will oversee the work performed by in-house O&M technicians to ensure the site is meeting the high and dynamic standards of their internal customers. The successful candidate will also provide consistent leadership and support through planning, communicating, and managing a team of professional O&M technicians to deliver data center facility services. Responsibilities include the delivery of quality and consistent services and support as established by the Client while satisfying unique internal customer requirements, managing issue resolution and ensuring proper performance and reporting of key metrics and establishing appropriate/specific goals and objectives.
- Performing periodic site walk-throughs in order to ensure procedures (SOPS and MOPS) and standards are followed. This includes assisting the Configuration Manager, Technicians and any other contracted vendors.
- Identifying any vulnerabilities while overseeing 3rd Party Critical Facilities onsite team.
- Communicating the status of the operation process with senior management and onsite customers.
- Site acceptance and commissioning of the facility to ensure the site meets the superior and dynamic industry standards
- Acting as liaison and coordinating efforts between the contracted vendors and the onsite customers.
- Oversee the development of standard operation procedures (SOPs)/Method of Procedures (MOPs).
- Auditing installed facilities components. This audit will be used to verify the completion of the job scope by the vendor in addition to verifying the design documentation for the build-out and ongoing operations of the data center.
- Provide strategic/tactical leadership with a background in best practices related to operations for performance and reliability on a variety of state of the art critical systems such as: medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, fire detection/suppression; building monitoring systems; etc.
- Supervise the on-site, infrastructure support personnel and maintain oversight of all work performed on site and ensure efforts are completed according to established practices and procedures.
- Manage customer relationship and act as escalation point of contact for the company at this site.
- Manage the establishment of performance benchmarks, conduct analyses and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance.
- Work with business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency.
- Review MOPs and SOPs for all work on critical data center facility equipment.
- Ensure that a constant state of readiness in support of the mission goal of 99.999% uptime
- BS Degree and 2+ years experience (4 years equivalent expereince accepted in lieu of degree)
- Secret Security Clearance is required
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- 5 years leadership experience in facility operations.
- Solid Understanding of critical electrical and mechanical/HVAC equipment
- Experience supervising a technical data center operations staff preferred
- Previous experience as a Data Center Facility Manager/Chief Engineer preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good presentation skills in leading meetings (both conference and in person)
- Superior analytical, planning and problem resolution skills
- Highly organized with proven project management abilities
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, manage conflicts
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.