SAIC is currently looking to hire a CAD/Design Engineer Associate to support the Modular Integration Program localted in Panama City, FL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidates for this position will be required to create and modify detailed drawings using standard CAD digitizing techniques from sketches, layouts, and close collaboration with system hardware engineers.
- This position is solely responsible for ensuring drawing/model accuracy and conformance to standards. A successful candidate for this position must be able to balance multiple tasks, customers, and deadlines.
- This position also requires the ability to retain and recall information regarding system design and functionality, including organization of drawing numbers, titles, and formatting.
- Software experience with Solidworks and AutoCAD is required for this position.
- This position may also be required to participate in design reviews and assembly/deconstruction events. Experience setting up, maintaining, and performing minor repairs to electronic systems is beneficial.
- A CAD/Design Engineer Associate in this role may also be called upon to comprehend and provide input to technical repair manuals.
- A successful candidate for this position would benefit with familiarity with common tools and test methods for electronic equipment.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors and zero (0) years related experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- SolidWorks Qualifications:- Drawing Creation (Views, templates, BOM automation, notes)
- 3D Modeling (Part modeling, assembly creation, custom properties manipulation)
- Importing features
- Engineering Drawing comprehension (blueprint reading, diagram formatting)
- AutoCAD Qualifications:
- 2D drawing creation (shapes/views, dimensioning, scaling)
- Text association (Table creation, grouping, formatting)
- Layer Management (Color, line style, line scale)
- Model scale vs. paper scale
- General Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Knowledge
- Experience constructing and deconstructing electrical assemblies
- Drawing Standards Knowledge:
- Familiarity with ASME Y14 series standards
Must have an Interim Secret clearance to start with the ability to obtain and maintain full Secret clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.