SAIC is currently looking to hire a Project Engineer to our team in San Diego, CA.
Candidate will provide engineering and documentation support for an Engineering Team at a customer location. Efforts will be focused towards integration of Commercial Off-the Shelf (COTS) electronics for military C41 systems.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Leading multi-disciplinary technical teams of 1-5 people including mechanical, electrical, systems, and network engineers and drafters.
- Coordinate between multiple technical and programmatic stakeholders to drive technical deliveries within scope and schedule for designs, technical data packages (TDP's), and engineering development models (EDM's).
- Identifying, documenting, and verifying system requirements with attention to shipboard, submarine, shore, and aircraft platform requirements.
- Guiding development, reviewing, and approving of designs and documentation for electronic equipment cabinets, equipment mounting kits, and equipment subassemblies.
- Reviewing and approving detailed drawings and designs including detailed parts for manufacturing and integration.
- Reviewing and approving detailed cable fabrication drawings, interconnect diagrams, and assembly work instructions.
- Overseeing fit-check and quality assurance (QA) on prototype metal assemblies and supporting first article integration activities.
- Enforcing configuration management (CM) of engineering drawings and TDP elements including validation, review, approval, and incorporation of engineering change notices (ECN's).
This role is temporarily remote/work from home/virtual due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back to joining our team in San Diego once the threat of COVID-19 has passed.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems, Mechanical, hardware Engineering or similar STEM field and 5 years of experience OR Masters Degree in Systems, Mechanical, Hardware Engineering or similar STEM field and 3 years or more experience; years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- An Interim DoD Secret Clearance required, with the ability to obtain a final Secret Clearance.
- Working knowledge of ASME Drawing Requirements Manual (DRM) including ASME Y14.5, MIL-STD-31000, or other industry documentation standards.
- Candidate must be able to understand scope of work and lead technical teams to completion within established schedules.
- Candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a team environment to provide technical guidance and team leadership.
- Strong technical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Candidate must be able to accept directions and constructive criticism and also be able to professionally deliver direction and critiques.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in the design and fabrication of electronic enclosures and rack mount equipment.
- Experience in the development of systems hosted within EIA/ECA-310 racks desired.
- Familiarity with military environment test standards including Navy shipboard shock, vibration, electromagnetic compatibility, power utilization, and COTS hardening desired.
- Experience with Solidworks software for review of 3D models and associated drawings.
- Experience with AutoCAD software for review of 2D models and associated drawings.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.