SAIC is seeing a TACNET Program Manager to support a US Navy client at Norfolk Naval Station in Norfolk, VA.
The duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Drive planning & delivery of high-quality deliverables in support of program requirements.
- Develop and/or Review program specific planning and control documents.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Maintain and enhance all program processes and workflows; and develop, document and revise program processes and quality standards.
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams to support program requirements of varying size, complexity and duration.
- Collaborate and manage processes across all functions within program and business stakeholders.
- Manage change control processes and continuously improve execution processes.
- Define and manage success criteria based on business requirements.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove obstacles to program requirements.
- Guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur.
- Communicate plans and status, and escalate issues as required.
- Monitors, measures, and reports on team’s performance via regular status reporting on team’s accomplishments, issues and risks
- Reviews critical project documentation for completion and provides feedback and coaching as required
- Ensures project tasks and milestones are accurate and complete for all active projects
- Works with the cross functional managers to identify potential improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the role, including a clearly defined requirements hand off process between teams.
- Ensures team development of expertise with existing or new systems
- Serves as a conduit between the cross functional managers, program and business stakeholders, fostering relationships across the organization.
- Serves as a stakeholder across all active projects.
- Holds team members accountable to meet estimates and time frames for all team’s tasks and deliverables.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, or Business
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Ten (10) years of direct work experience in Project/Program Management support of Engineering to include: Equipment Support, System Support, and Programmatic Support.
- Eight (8) years of direct work experience, to include: Design, Development, Production, Installation and Test & Evaluation of Naval or similar electronics and communications equipment and systems.
- Four (4) years as manager of Naval or related electronics and communications equipment and systems to include supervision project personnel, scheduling work, writing proposals and preparing bids, and equipment and material logistics control.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DoD procurement policies and procedures.
- Familiar with CANES
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.