JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is hiring a Lead Software Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL to support requirements management of a Force Protection software system. The system contains Windows Server and Workstation applications and services, sensors and cameras, as well as interfaces to other systems. The chosen candidate will be responsible for requirement and architecture development for the software system, and providing direction to other Software System Engineers.
Location: This position will be primarily remote, with occasional onsite work at the government customer site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The primary engineering duties will consist of collection, analysis and interpretation of system level requirements, derivation of software level requirements, UML modeling and management of requirement documentation.
The candidate will participate in customer and internal requirement reviews, software team meetings, hardware and software design reviews and technical interchange meetings.
Other activities will include working with software development teams and test team for requirement reviews, assisting with configuration management, issue tracking, status reporting and release documentation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Requirement analysis and management for software systems - this could include analyzing system requirements and deriving software requirements, managing requirements and traceability in Enterprise Architect (or similar too), etc.
- Experience with Enterprise Architect (UML modeling and requirements management), SharePoint, MySQL, and WPF is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of the Unified Modeling Language (UML) is a plus.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- While this position will primarily remote, must also be willing to go onsite as needed and adhere to customer site policy.
- Candidate must have the ability to work well in a team development environment.
- Knowledge of SQL, C# and experience with use of standard office PC tools is also required.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.