SAIC is seeking a Senior Chinese Linguist and Cultural Expert with an active TS/SCI to work with a diverse team of analysts, linguists, cultural experts, and operations officers, focused on creating and recognizing targeting opportunities and strategies in the cyber-realm. The successful candidate will be working in a team of various government, subcontractor, and SAIC personnel.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Exhibiting an expertise in the Chinese language and culture
- Assisting intelligence and analysis operations in a virtual environment; primarily using mix of Chinese/English in-language reading and writing skills
- Navigating social media, open source and relevant forums/websites in Chinese language
- Applying in-depth knowledge of desktop applications and internet-based research skills with the ability to effectively use internet search tools, and advanced research methods
- Identifying and Reporting potential targets and trends
- Assisting intelligence and analysis operations
- Producing incident, threat, and information reports
- Working in a team of various government, subcontractor, and SAIC personnel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of six (6) years of practical experience with a Bachelor's Degree in International Studies, Business, Media/PR, Hard Sciences or a related field (in-field experience may be substituted for education requirements)
- Minimum DLPT 3/3/2/2 or Equivalent (ILS, ILR, ALTA) in Chinese
- 3+ years of experience within the US military or US intelligence community
- Very strong working knowledge of popular, legacy, and new social media, forums, messaging services, blog sites, and mobile applications in English and/or Chinese language
- Knowledgeable of idioms, colloquialisms, slang, and have a sophisticated understanding of the cultural, social, and political environment in which the language is used
- Preparing Information Reports with excellent writing and briefing skills (in English)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours (however, this position is not shift work)
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Multiple Chinese Dialects (Cantonese preferred) or additional Languages
- Former Military linguistic experience (35P, 09L, 1N3, 2671, 2712, 2799, or equivalent)
- Experience living overseas (preferably Asia) and/or has Chinese as native language
- Active/Recent CI Poly
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- Active Top Secret Clearance with ability of obtain SCI (PR within 6 years)
- Willingness to take AND Ability pass a CI polygraph
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.