SAIC is seeking a Security Cooperation (SC) Program Coordinator will work onsite at the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) headquarters and coordinate with the DSCA staff and the assessment teams at Geographic Combatant Commands (GCCs) to plan, schedule, arrange logistics for, and perform assessment, monitoring, and evaluation (AME) activities for DoD (Title 10) security cooperation programs on a global basis. The SC Program Coordinator will work as a member of a team of SC Program Coordinators at DSCA to assist GCC AME teams in developing and using approved metrics to judge operational capacity and capability improvements in foreign security forces.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years of related experience; Masters degree and eight (8) years of experience.
- 9+ years of xperience as an U.S. Armed Forces Officer.
- Minimum five years of project management experience, including requirement gathering, design, implementation, and ongoing program management.
- Experience as a staff officer or action officer at a major DoD headquarters, e.g., OSD, Joint Staff, Combatant Command staff, Defense agency, or Service headquarters.
- Ability to work with US State Department, DoD, and foreign military senior officers and officials in a respectful, professional, and direct manner.
- Professional in conduct and appearance.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to write high quality formal reports that will be provided to senior U.S. military and civilian officials.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Capable of organizing and completing all planning, support, scheduling, and execution activities for overseas travel.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and exhibit a high level of initiative, attention to detail, and accuracy in all work, while tracking multiple tasks.
- Able and willing to travel in locally provided aircraft, vehicles, and boats for trips to remote bases.
- Able and willing to work in high threat areas.
- Physically fit, specifically able and willing to walk up to two miles over rough terrain, carry 40-pound bags, hike up hills, climb towers, go into confined spaces, examine vessels, vehicles, aircraft, and military facilities in a field environment, and work in extreme hot or cold weather with conditions such as high winds, rain, snow, and high altitude (over 10,000 feet).
- Active DoD Secret security clearance is required. Must be able to obtain TS/SCI
- Army, Air Force, Marine, or Navy foreign area officer (FAO) or equivalent, with experience working in a US Office of Security Cooperation (OSC) or equivalent, coordinating security assistance and security cooperation programs for partner nations.
- Master's degree and/or diploma from a US military or partner nation Command and Staff College or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience and knowledge of public policy and operations.
- Five years’ experience planning, designing, and implementing assessment, monitoring, and evaluation programs in the security sector.
- Background as a military officer with combat experience and one or more of the following specific qualifications:
- Army or Marine Infantry Officer
- Navy Surface Warfare Officer
- Military Communications / Cyber Officer
- Army Special Forces / Marine Raider Officer
- Army or Marine Air Defense Officer
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.