SAIC is seeking a Systems Administrator to support a large federal government agency. Employee will perform on-site, at a secure government location on the night shift, including weekend/holiday rotations and on-call support.
Description of Duties:
- Monitor, triage, troubleshoot and perform systems administration, maintenance activities and periodic system health checks on a complex messaging platform.
- Perform operations and maintenance activities related to directory services, group policies, security compliance and data/systems backup.
- Install system/application patches. Perform periodically scheduled password cycling and virus definition updates.
- Develop, test and execute PowerShell scripts to check for potential system issues and automate routine tasks.
- Coordinate and interact with other service offices to remediate systems outages, performance degradations and network/application defects.
Required Education & Experience
- AA degree in related discipline and nine (9) years related experience; Or, High School and eleven (11) years related experience and related advanced certification.
- Microsoft Server 2003/2008/2012; Active Directory; Windows XP/2003/2007; Office 2010
- Reliability and strong sense of work commitment.
- Ability to follow Standard Operations Procedures and verbal direction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.Self-motivation, professional demeanor and accountability.
- Interim Top Secret to start. Must be able to receive final Top Secret.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2014; SharePoint Server 2007/2013; BizTalk Server 2009/2013; Internet Information Services (IIS); System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- PowerShell scripting
- NetIQ AppManager Control Center; NetIQ AppManager Operator Console
- VMware vSphere Client, NetApp OnCommand System Manager 2.2
- Information Support Server Environment (ISSE) 3.x/4.x
- General switch, router and firewall management
- Network and Host Vulnerability Assessment / Mitigation
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+
- ITIL Foundations
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.