SAIC is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Human-Centered Design / UI/UX Architect to join our team! The successful candidate will employ participatory design, creative brainstorming and other techniques to lead and collaborate with software developers, systems engineers and other product team members as part of a large-scale agile software development and operations program.
- Lead working groups and/or meetings with application stakeholders to discuss user requirements and/or present wireframes and mockups
- Map workflows, user paths, create storyboards, wireframes, mockups, low and high fidelity prototypes and write UI specifications to support development across multiple applications and platforms
- Design graphic, icons and other visual elements as necessary
- Evaluate designs using user-centric design techniques such as UI reviews and cognitive walk-throughs
- Maintain an awareness of current trends in technology design and usability, and share this information across multiple teams
- Ensure applications are meeting the customers IT Accessibility (Section 508) Standards
This opportunity is contingent upon award.
- BS plus 10 years of experience or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in UI/UX design, UX strategy, and usability research and testing
- Experience delivering products that work across a range of browsers and platforms
- Experience using modern CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap to deliver responsive, mobile aware products
- Understanding of 508 Accessibility standards and experience delivering products that comply.
- Excellent understanding of the life cycle process of website development (discovery, planning, design, requirements, coding, testing, and user testing and evaluation)
- Excellent communication and writing skills (ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience).
- Experience with Lean, Agile, DevOps tools such as Atlassian Confluence, JIRA; Scaled Agile (SAFe) experience is a plus
- Minimum Clearance Required- IRS Public Trust
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.