SAIC is seeking a Cyber Security Operations Lead to join our Team! Provide end users a seamless and secure information technology experience, leveraging efficient use of enterprise-centric solutions, modern technologies and industry best practices. Be part of the team defining the digital transformation journey for a federal agency customer operating large-scale, national security-critical systems.
Cyber Security Operations Lead responsibilities include:
- Supervising the design, test, and implementation of secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions within a large-scale software development and sustainment organization.
- Orchestrating and aligning multiple teams to perform risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system and application level.
- Reviewing the results of threat modeling and other risk management exercises, and interpreting results for Program management and Government leadership.
- Directing the development and implementation of security controls and formulation of operational risk mitigations along with updating the security awareness programs to block, blunt, or deter the efforts of evolving threats.
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending new security tools, techniques, and technologies, and introducing them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy.
- Establishing strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks, and supporting NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) assessment and accreditation (A&A) activities in support of Authorizations to Operate (ATOs). This includes providing process support, analysis support, coordination support, security certification test support, security documentation support, investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Ensuring the proper implementation of applicable agency and Federal government information security policies.
- Performing analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommends additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Periodically conducting reviews of each covered system and application audits, and monitoring corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- Directly supervising contract cybersecurity team members.
- Serving as the primary interface government system and product owners, the government Chief Information Security Officer (CISSO), and other program stakeholders regarding cybersecurity requirements, issues, and incidents.
This opportunity is contingnet upon award .
- Bachelor’s Degree and ten years’ experience, or equivalent
- CISSP or equivalent certification required
- SIx or more years’ experience with supporting enterprise IT security requirements
- Working knowledge of NIST RMF
- Eligible to obtain and maintain an IRS Public Trust
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.