SAIC is seeking a Chief Architect to join our team! The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing software solutions to address complex business issues, and providing technical leadership across a national security critical large-scale development and operations environment. Candidate will be expected to develop a deep understanding of business operations and processes associated with the information solutions; provide clarification, coaching, and direction to development teams concerning design aspects as needed; and interface with customer and program management to assess and provide feedback on the feasibility, cost, risks, schedule, etc. of a particular project.
This opportunity is contingent upon award.
- Serve as chief architect on the program creating and documenting high-level designs and estimates for various software projects by decomposing user specifications and using knowledge of the business
- Bring innovative ideas to the table and work to implement those that the customer wishes to pursue
- Coach and mentor developers on aspects of design as needed
- Lead in development of SDLC-mandated project and product documentation
- Lead resolution of complex application and data issues as needed
- Provide input on and/or create overall software architecture roadmap and plan for interrelated applications supported by the program
- Bachelor's degree and fourteen (14) years or more IT software development experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more IT software development experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more IT software development experience.
- 10+ years relevant architecture experience for large scale information technology and database systems comprised of a multi-tier architecture and the integration of highly complex commercial software products and custom code in a wide range of modern and legacy programming languages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to interact effectively with employees and all levels of management in identifying and resolving complex issues.
- Experience managing systems/software development teams (consolidated and distributed) through the entire software development lifecycle to include solution concept development, requirements development, system/software architecture definition, solution development, testing, deployment, and operations. This includes developing and maintaining project schedules, managing and mitigating project risks, enabling teams to be successful, crisp decision making to maintain delivery milestones, etc.
- Must possess expertise with Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) and web service paradigms and protocols such as SOAP and REST
- Must be an excellent team player in a diverse culture
- Must display the ability to work under pressure
- Must display the desire and ability to act as a mentor/coach/teacher and leader
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a IRS Public Trust
- Experience with Federal government financial management systems and applications
- Experience with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) systems and applications
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.