SAIC has an immeidate need for a Space Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Huntsville, AL.
- As a SME, the candidate will be responsible for supporting the customer in developing schedules and agendas for meetings; facilitating meetings; coordinating specific working groups and conduct analysis to refine requirements for areas such as: Space Operations; SATCOM; Concept of Operations (CONOPS); assessments of current / future systems; development of emerging materiel solutions; synchronization of Army and Joint-service operational assessments; rapid fielding initiatives and technology transitions.
- The candidate will coordinate program documents and other resources with DoD organizations.
- The candidate may also participate in capability studies such as Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs) to review system capabilities and mission development and ensure traceability between the AoA’s Measures of Effectiveness, Measures of Performance and Measures of Cost (MOEs/MOPs/MOCs).
Bachelors degree and 18+ years of experience or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience. Additional (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Development, coordination, and staffing of Joint Capabilities Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents, including the required supporting analysis and documentation.
- Development and/or refinement of CONOPS and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs).
- Technology development, Joint-service program synchronization, user operational assessments/rapid fielding initiatives, and acquisition strategy/transition coordination.
- Expertise in technology assessments of emerging Science and Technology (S&T) and industry solutions relative to fulfilling system requirements, and support as required user juries and surveys to ensure acceptance and relevance to technology improvements that meet identified and related capability gaps.
- Expertise in the development of system-related briefings and reports that include supporting graphics and other technical analyses as required.
- Must posses an active TS/SCI
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with at least fifteen (15) years’ experience communicating with military, civil service, senior leaders and highly-technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, preparing briefings and writing of technical papers.
- Familiarity with Army military hierarchy, military terms and military acronyms.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home / remote / virtual work due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site in Huntsville, AL likely around the end of this year.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.