SAIC is hiring an IT Customer Support Team Lead with an active TS/SCI in Quantico, VA. The qualified candidate for this position will serve as the Team Lead for an IT Service Desk, and will work with individuals in Desktop Engineering, and maintainers of the Knowledge Base to establish requirements for an automated service desk infrastructure to support a major DoD agency.
Additional daily responsibilities may include:
- Leading a team to ensure the IT infrastructure, applications and end user devices are operational and that adequate resources, processes, and communication are in place to meet service level requirements.
- Supporting the business planning and implement new strategic initiatives to improve business processes and services that relate to customer support.
- Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of customer needs, and help to define prioritization and sequencing or customer support activities.
- Managing Service Desk staff and have excellent communications skills to lead key discussions with customers from both business and technical perspectives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of nine (9) years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree; OR, High School equivalent and 13+ years of experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing large teams of comprised of onsite and remote, geographically dispersed personnel performing IT Service Desk and/or Desktop Engineering requirements with a minimum of two years of experience as a technician performing IT Service Desk or Desktop Engineering requirements.
- ITIL Foundation Level Certification (or higher) is required.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience as a technician performing advanced configurations with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Experience implementing process improvements or automations within an IT service desk, desktop engineering, and a unified communications environment.
- Experience supporting VIP and Senior Government Executive customers with information and technology requirements.
- Experience with ServiceNow system administration, configuration, form tailoring, business process automation, and third-party integration highly desirable
- AA/AS in IT, Information systems, Engineering or Computer Science or commensurate Service Desk Certification Program or Military Service Performance
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
An active Top-Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility is required.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.