SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
We are seeking an experienced Facilities Engineer to provide timely expert advice and recommendations to the PMO staff on IC Campus topics related to Engineering/Services considerations, decisions, and documentation throughout IC Campus development and operations on Fort Belvoir North Area (FBNA). Candidate must show experience working in a fast-paced environment that involves balancing competing requirements.
A successful candidate in this position will demonstrate a deep understanding of building or facility plans, designs, configuration, and equipment maintenance. In addition to your understanding of DoD engineering procedures and policies, your ability to problem-solve and provide critical thinking skills in a program or project management setting will be in high demand. You will be busy developing and implementing various engineering plans, specifications, cost estimates and designs for operations, maintenance and support requirement to maintain NGA facilities.
- Coordinate with NGA, IC Partner(s), and Fort Belvoir on topics that will affect those stakeholders.
- Provide rationale and impact assessments with any recommendations that could impact cost or schedule for planned or ongoing work.
- Consult with other subject matter experts in NGA or across the IC on sensitive or complex issues that lack precedents in the context of an IC Campus.
- Provide technical expertise through construction and subsequent phases bringing facilities on-line for mission operations.
- Assist in developing and implementing IC Campus operational requirements in your area of expertise to effectively support NGA and IC Partner requirements.
- Assist in developing budget requirements and schedules for any work that is needed to support IC Campus development and operations.
- Provide all necessary historic facilities information relative to existing conditions, systems locations, capacities, and operational considerations both on- and off-site that could be affected by development of the IC Campus.
- Provide technical expertise to support development and implementation of the IC Campus on FBNA while preserving NGA’s capabilities throughout.
- Assure adequate engineering features are included in engineering, design, and construction on the IC Campus with a focus on campus wide features, capabilities, and operational considerations to support all IC partners on-site.
- Serve as PMO liaison to, and voice for, NGA BOS contracting services and opportunities on IC Campus matters.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance. Must be able to pass counter-intelligence polygraph after hire.
- Over 12 years of demonstrated experience in mechanical engineering or engineering experience related to facilities engineering and operations.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in one of the 50 states or a US Territory.
- Masters in Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience mechanical and or engineering experience related to facilities engineering and operations.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and critical thinking skills in a program or project management setting.
- Knowledge of Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), Uptime Institute Data Center, ASHRAE and NEC standards.
- Knowledge of building electrical and HVAC systems.
- Experience working with NGA.
- Experience working with the IC.
- Demonstrated experience navigating ambiguity and proposing innovative solutions to technical issues.
- Customer Service experience in federal and or intelligence community
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.