Assist with the configuration and implementation of critical site build and move projects in coordination with the SAIC Project Manager and primary Senior Project Engineers. Coordinate work with the project and operations engineers to ensure proper handoff of the site to operations is completed. Follow up on documentation of the projects and new sites to ensure they match current standards. Report regular status of projects and operational issues to the Project Manager and the SAIC Network Services Delivery Manager.
This Role Performs:
- Design review, analysis, planning, modification and maintenance of the network and security components, including network monitoring systems, in support of critical network and security projects
- Configuration of equipment in support of the project requirements
- Installation and implementation of network equipment in IDF’s and MDF’s at the project site
- Test network and security systems to ensure they are operating as designed per project requirements
- Assist with Milestone documentation and validation in coordination with the Project Manager and the Senior Project Engineer
- Strong experience with Cisco Systems network, security and datacenter products
- Strong experience with Software Defined networking such as SDAccess, SDWAN and SDN/ACI
- Experience designing and deploying Cisco wireless technologies
- Experience managing large site build and move projects
- Strong background with Service and Change Management
- Ability to present very complex technical concepts in understandable language
- Experience creating and presenting project plans and designs
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field and a minimum of 10+ years of experience on network & cyber security or 15+ years of equivalent experience
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience with large enterprise network and security designClearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.