SAIC is currently looking for an experienced systems engineer to provide support on the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Technical Services (STS) contract to SMC Development Corp (DC) Programs. The DC portfolio includes the Air Force’s Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and Environmental Monitoring space and ground systems across the full development and operational lifecycle.
The selected candidate will support systems engineering activities of the Enterprise Integration Branch of the Advanced Development Division of the SMC Development Corp. The Space and Missile Systems Center Advanced Development Division (SMC/DCIA) serves as the center of gravity for all technology delivery and demonstration for the enterprise across multiple mission areas. DCIA focuses on agile acquisition of hardware and software components ready for demonstration or insertion into a Program of Record, as well as multi-mission & mission-unique prototypes advancing state of the art operational capabilities.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Leverage experience and knowledge of systems for the development and execution of the Division level Risk Management Process to include authoring and annual review of the Risk Management Plan, facilitation of Risk Management Working Group and Risk Management Board meetings, drafting of meeting minutes, and participation in other organizations' Risk Management Activities.
- Provide Systems Engineering and Acquisition support to include drafting solicitation documents such as RFPs and competition evaluation plans, supporting technical evaluations, providing program management guidance to the government program managers, and participation in weekly and monthly technical meetings chaired by the Division Chief Engineer.
- Provide support to Director's Action Group to include tasker management (task analysis and prioritization, determination of responsibility, coordination, and closure) and weekly reporting coordination.
- Utilizing knowledge of OPIR and Weather systems, work with Government team to identify potential users of the system data; manage user engagement rolodex/contact list
- Perform User Engagement to solicit end user focus areas and needs, translate needs into requirements that will be provided to the Broad Area Announcement (BAA) Data Exploitation project process
- Assist government program managers in utilizing earned value management principles and techniques to assist in the management of projects technical baseline utilizing earned value project performance metrics for cost and schedule
- Provide input for the BAA Data Exploitation project RFP documents, participate in BAA Industry Days
- Provide input on BAA project award selection based on end user needs and support the technical evaluation of data exploitation projects
- Assist government project officers in program management of BAA data exploitation projects to ensure project success from technical, cost and schedule perspective. Identify programmatic issues and recommend resolution plans to government project officer
- Assist government in testing and evaluation of BAA data exploitation projects at the RS Tools, Applications and Processing (TAP) Laboratory and assist in project assessment for follow-on deployment at the OPIR Battlespace Awareness Center (OBAC) based on project success and mission utility for end users
- Develop strategic roadmap for desired data exploitation projects; support the development of projects and work with Government team to develop post-development plans
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors (STEM) and nine (9) years or more of related experience -OR- Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience -OR- PhD or JD and four (4) years or more of related experience
- OPIR and Weather enterprise understanding
- Satellite system data exploitation experience
- DoD Acquisition experience – provide ideas to accelerate implementation
- Demonstrated experience leading user requirement development
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to be effective in a government/contractor team environment
- Demonstrated application of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Ability to recommend/make decisions on project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
- Ability to work proactively, independently as a member of a highly effective technical team while developing approaches to solutions
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Transformational thinking – innovative, entrepreneurial, business development
- Familiar with Air Force rapid contracting methodologies such as the Space Enterprise Consortium Other Transaction Authority process (SpEC-OTA) or rapid application deployment facilities such as Catalyst Campus
- Familiar with the concepts of AI, Deep Learning, & Machine Learning algorithms and their use in space-based analysis
- Familiar with the phenomenology and military usage of the radar to infrared portions of the electromagnetic spectrum
- Experience working in a systems engineering and technical support (SETA) role
- Experience using the SMC Lifecycle Management Process (LCMP) online tool as well as Confluence and JIRA
- Experience in OPIR & Weather sensors and processing
- Experience in Systems Engineering of Space Systems programs
- Experience mentoring/advising less experienced staff
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.