SAIC has a Cyber Software Tool Engineer/Developer opening for qualified candidates to work with our various customers as well as develop new capabilities for SAIC. This position can be worked remotely. The qualified candidate would be a part of a team performing software development of Cyber Tools for offensive, defensive and exploitation purposes. Applicants will have some basic and working knowledge of IT systems and strong software development skills, preferably in a wide variety of operating systems. The Cyber Tools Developer position will entail working with the senior Cyber HBO staff and well as customers and colleagues to develop software to satisfy emergent tasking, ongoing research and development of cyber tools and capability development.
- Establish an automated and secure code development environment to function in an agile software development environment.
- Using the environment you helped to establish, systematically create, share and apply knowledge to better achieve cyber tool development and capability objectives.
- The cyber Tools developer position will function primarily in the virtual environment, however, capabilities must also be developed in classified environments requiring similar an complementary development and deployment environments.
The descriptions below are anticipated to perform the work required.
- Assist with the development of software engineering capabilities (solutions, enhancements, and improvements) to SAIC’s Cyber Tool Development environment.
- Work with other groups in SAIC to develop cutting edge cyber tools, capabilities and services for existing and future customers.
- Establish backlog of cyber tools and work with stake holders to prioritize cyber development activities.
- Establish and maintain Microsoft developer tools or Linux development environments
- Provide recommendations for hardware and software as required.
- Minimum of 5 years applied work experience with developing software for database systems.
- Proven proficiency in one or more of the following: C/C++/C#, Python, Shell Scripting, assembly language
- Demonstrated understanding of Cyber Attack and Exploitation processes and experience in providing tools to accomplish those tasks
- Knowledge of vulnerability assessment, Cyber exploitation techniques and reverse engineering concepts
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Knowledge and experience in Cyber tool development and/or Cyber operations
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Data Management or related field.
- Demonstrated work experience and success in cyber software development may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Must be United States citizen
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.