Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS Sector has an opening for a senior systems engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) services to an IC customer. The customer organization we support provides the enterprise architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions that determine the current and future national space systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working across multiple Directorates and Offices to identify and define future space capability needs
- Frequent interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, and mission partner stakeholders
- Analyzing and executing technical solutions in support of high value asset indications and warning, resiliency, defense, and cyber protection
- Identifying required system analysis for the definition, allocation, assessment, and prediction of system performance requirements and capabilities
- Identifying key architecture and system level trades
- Developing Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) for new capabilities and coordinating them across the affected organizations
- Developing enterprise, system, functional, performance, and interface requirements
- Manage the Request for Change (RFC) process as it relates to updating requirement baselines
- Developing project-level schedule content for analysis and assessment
- Preparing briefings for senior decision makers
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to obtain a polygraph
- Proven experience with complex space-based defense and cyber protection systems to include indications and warning systems
- Proven experience with large acquisition systems engineering efforts, methods, and processes
- Proven experience in requirements development and definition activities to include stakeholder engagement and customer needs elicitation
- Proven experience in core systems engineering and analysis disciplines and processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline
- Experience with IC customer’s RFC process and the Engineering Review Board process
- Experience with indications and warning systems
- Experience with RDNG, DOORs requirements database management/repository
- Experience in Rhapsody and SysML applications
- Prior US military and/or IC customer experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.