The SharePoint Designer/Administrator will support the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract. The SharePoint Designer/Administrator will report to the Vanguard government customer and will assist in the daily application management, administration, and project-oriented support of relevant frontend SharePoint tenant environments. This is not a backend networking/infrastructure/architecture/hardware/server administrator position.
This role in temporarily remote due to Covid-19, but could be asked to return to the office at the request of the customer.
Description of Duties:
- Serve as point of contact and Tier 1-3 support for Microsoft SharePoint Online service requests
- Perform routine and complex administrative updates, account management and group permissions, metadata setup and configuration, global navigation, and notifications.
- Manage SharePoint Online tenant production portal site collections content and configuration under customer supervision.
- Engineer and develop new sites, features, libraries, lists, workflows using SharePoint industry best practices.
- Develop and maintain internal and user documentation of governance, policies, plans, policies, procedures, and quick reference and usage guides associated with administration, design, development, and application support of site collections; as well as related project artifacts such as requirements lists, test plans, for Tier 2-3 related requests.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related discipline and 6 years of experience or Associates degree in an IT related discipline and 8 years experience
- Experience with SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
- Proficiency with SharePoint 2013/2016/Online administration, design, and workflow development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Power Platform (PowerApps, Power Automate, PowerBI)
- Experience with end-user or customer support in an IT environment.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
- Currently hold a Secret level clearance (Preferred). Candidate can start work with an Interim Secret clearance.
- Must be able to obtain Top Secret Clearance.
Desired Skills & Certifications
- Business process engineering (e.g. workflow development).
- Tier 1/2/3 customer support.
- Requirements gathering and documentation.
- Adobe Creative Suite 2014 and greater.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.