The Logistics Solution Architect develops logistics technical solutions and proposals to meet customer technical, schedule and price requirements as they relate to integrated product support, supply chain management, and asset management within digital ecosystems. Verifies proposals meet customer requirements and provide best value for customers with a special focus on federal agencies. Maximizes use of repeatable solutions and offerings when applicable for proposals. Provides technical expertise to customers during proposal reviews
The Logistics Solution Architect partners with the Capture Team to provide subject matter expertise for technical issues arising during capture. Develops white papers and briefings in support of capture efforts. Manages development of executable Basis of Estimates during the Planning Solution and Proposal Support. Supports customer meetings during capture shaping activities to discover customers’ true technical challenges. Demonstrates logistics software to extend the technical capabilities to both internal and external parties.
Provides technical expertise to the Project Manager during program start-up and provides technical recommendations to customers. Solicits customer feedback and requirements as inputs to offerings and technology investments. Coordinates communication between customer and technical investment project staff. Identifies additional technologies and solutions that could benefit the entire organization.
Supports planning and execution of Integrated Product Support (IPS), to include Supportability Analysis for systems over lifecycle to reduce cost and shrink the logistics footprint. Develops strategies and methods for digitization of legacy IPS mapping to provide a seamless link between Systems Engineering and Sustainment models.
Planning Solution and Proposal Support
- Lead solution blueprint / discovery sessions and prepares business requirement documents and functional specifications to include integrating the solutions of analogous technical functions including systems engineering, cybersecurity, software development, cloud computing, and enterprise IT
- Recommend industry best practices that align to federal acquisition policies including each DoD service
- Evaluate and recommend logistics technical solutions to meet client needs including systems support management, multi-level maintenance planning, spares optimization, asset management and accountability, 3PL and vendor management, sourcing/procurement, obsolescence, logistics product data, supply chain risk management, RPA technology
- Define and document business processes, data maps, solution design and workflow and logical processes to meet objectives; design, develop and refine complex graphics which support logistics solutions
- Identify levels of effort for a given contract bid, assess internal capabilities, identify gaps, and work with teams to interview, onboard, and coach teaming partners to ensure a seamless, integrated logistics solution
- Collaborate with team of functional/integration consultants on technical/functional design
- Lead build/configure stages of implementation projects to address customer needs and integrate it with their processes and systems
- Apply logistical optimization techniques to create models to generate optimal forecasts/operational plans
- Excellent technical writing skills with matched capacity to develop creative graphics dense with technical content
- Impeccable integrity, passion for logistics and supply chain consulting
- Solid subject matter expertise in one or more planning domains such as maintenance management, asset failure analytics, demand planning, supply planning, inventory planning and IBP/S&OP or capacity and production planning
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and take initiative
- Commitment to personal growth, practice growth, and client success on every project
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, Supply Chain Management or Transportation and Logistics and 14 years or more experience; MBA preferred
- SQL and/or other query languages
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Experience using PLM and/or PDM
- Experience using CMMS and WMS software
- Proven experience working on large scale logistics/supply chain digital transformation initiatives
- The ability to travel as required
- Experience in two or more supply chain functional areas like demand, master planning, inventory optimization, detailed scheduling
- Cloud based supply chain planning software experience
- Certified Supply Chain Professional PMP
- ITIL 4 Foundations
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.