SAIC is seeking a Senior/Principal Java Developer to join the Joint Range Extension (JRE) software development team in San Diego. JRE is a combat proven datalink gateway which extends the reach of tactical data across the battlespace and around the globe. You will be working as a new member of our Agile development team to develop new code and to refactor and generalize our existing codebase to improve and expand JRE capabilities. This position is temporarily remote (COVID-19).
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will be a backend developer responsible for contributing to the modernization of JRE by re-implementing legacy capabilities and adding new features. The technology stack will consist of modern Java (Java 11+) and Kotlin with the Spring Framework WebFlux and MVC web frameworks.
- Architecting and designing advanced tactical message routing and filtering capabilities.
- Redesigning and modularizing tactical message origination frameworks, along with frameworks to support Link 16 functional areas, such as C2 processing, non-C2 mission prosecution and imagery.
- Design and development of cutting edge intuitive RESTful and Reactive APIs to support JRE UI integration and third party integration with JRE capabilities.
- Bachelors and nine (9) or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience, PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Seven (7) to Nine (9) years or more of professional software development in Java and strong object oriented design skills.
- Strong experience with functional programming in Java.
- Experience with and a deep understanding of multithreaded programming techniques and Java concurrency utilities.
- Experience with low-level programming in Java to process binary data.
- Experience with the Spring Framework, ideally using the Spring WebFlux web framework as well as Spring MVC.
- API design experience, including RESTful and Reactive APIs using JSON.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or another STEM field.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance as needed.
- Experience with the Spring Boot, and Spring Security is also desirable.
- Experience working with RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka or other message broker or distributed streaming platforms.
- Experience with Dependency Injection (both Spring and JSR-330).
- Experience with Kotlin, or a strong desire to learn and apply the language.
- Experience working in a large scale codebase, along with the application of modular design approaches.
- Experience with using Gradle as a build system and to manage third party dependencies in a large scale multi-project environment.
- Experience with IntelliJ IDEA.
- Experience with GIT and Atlassian tools (JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, and Confluence).
- Experience with network programming in Java.
- Knowledge of Link 16 and familiarity with MIL-STD-6016.
- Experience developing interfaces to Link 16 terminals (MIDS/JTRS/JTIDS and small form factor terminals such as the STT and TTR).
- Experience with JREAP beyond line of sight protocols and familiarity with MIL-STD-3011.
- Experience with military SATCOM and LOS radios such as the ARC-210/231 and the PRC-117F/G.
- Experience with VMF, Cursor-On-Target (CoT) and other tactical data protocols.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.