SAIC is seeking a Senior/Principal Java Developer to join the Joint Range Extension (JRE) software development team in San Diego. JRE is a combat proven datalink gateway which extends the reach of tactical data across the battlespace and around the globe. You will be working as a new member of our Agile development team to develop new code and to refactor and generalize our existing codebase to improve and expand JRE capabilities. This position is temporarily remote (COVID-19).
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will be a backend developer responsible for contributing to the modernization of JRE by re-implementing legacy capabilities and adding new features. The technology stack will consist of modern Java (Java 11+) and Kotlin with the Spring Framework WebFlux and MVC web frameworks.
- Architecting and designing advanced tactical message routing and filtering capabilities.
- Redesigning and modularizing tactical message origination frameworks, along with frameworks to support Link 16 functional areas, such as C2 processing, non-C2 mission prosecution and imagery.
- Design and development of cutting edge intuitive RESTful and Reactive APIs to support JRE UI integration and third party integration with JRE capabilities.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Bachelors and nine (9) or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience, PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Seven (7) to Nine (9) years or more of professional software development in Java and strong object oriented design skills.
- Strong experience with functional programming in Java.
- Experience with and a deep understanding of multithreaded programming techniques and Java concurrency utilities.
- Experience with low-level programming in Java to process binary data.
- Experience with the Spring Framework, ideally using the Spring WebFlux web framework as well as Spring MVC.
- API design experience, including RESTful and Reactive APIs using JSON.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or another STEM field.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance as needed.
- Experience with the Spring Boot, and Spring Security is also desirable.
- Experience working with RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka or other message broker or distributed streaming platforms.
- Experience with Dependency Injection (both Spring and JSR-330).
- Experience with Kotlin, or a strong desire to learn and apply the language.
- Experience working in a large scale codebase, along with the application of modular design approaches.
- Experience with using Gradle as a build system and to manage third party dependencies in a large scale multi-project environment.
- Experience with IntelliJ IDEA.
- Experience with GIT and Atlassian tools (JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, and Confluence).
- Experience with network programming in Java.
- Knowledge of Link 16 and familiarity with MIL-STD-6016.
- Experience developing interfaces to Link 16 terminals (MIDS/JTRS/JTIDS and small form factor terminals such as the STT and TTR).
- Experience with JREAP beyond line of sight protocols and familiarity with MIL-STD-3011.
- Experience with military SATCOM and LOS radios such as the ARC-210/231 and the PRC-117F/G.
- Experience with VMF, Cursor-On-Target (CoT) and other tactical data protocols.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.