SAIC is seeking a Configuration Management Specialist to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
NOTE: This position is partially remote with the ability to work from home 3-4 days a week with 1-2 days on site in Crane, IN.
- Candidate must be detailed-oriented and have in-depth knowledge in configuration management and planning, configuration identification, configuration control, configuration status accounting, and configuration verification and audit.
- Individual must possess excellent interpersonal, business management, and customer service skills.
- Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of system from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end of life with respect to CM best practices and principles based on SAE EIA-469 Configuration Management Standard.
- Develop, prepare and coordinate configuration management plans to implement CM support of systems engineering
- Maintain a defined document identification and release process for systems engineering products
- Working closely with the Configuration Control Board in managing the configuration control process and procedures and ultimate release of change documentation between the various change reviews and control bodies, change requestors, and other participants in the change review and control process
- Providing configuration status accounting in support of change management activities
- Participating in the planning, conduce, and report preparation of functional configuration audits and physical configuration audits
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- HS/GED and nine (9) years’ experience; OR Associates and seven (7) years’ experience; Or Bachelor's degree and five (5) years’ experience.
- 7 years' experience in configuration management (preferred).
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Ability to work well with an experienced government team.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance. Interim Secret clearance required to start. SAIC will sponsor qualified candidates who do not currently possess an interim secret clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.