SAIC is seeking an experienced Senior Proposal Manager for our Proposal Development Center supporting the National Security & Space Sector, local to the DC Metro area. Partial remote work is available for this position, but the candidate will need to be local to the National Capital region. This role is a hybrid of remote and onsite. When supporting unclassified deals, the work can be performed remotely and when supporting classified deals, the work is onsite.
Responsible for managing proposal efforts, as well as working closely with business development and operational personnel to develop and deliver winning, high-quality Federal Government proposals. Occasional travel may be possible. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage proposals, including all aspects of proposal development: pre-proposal planning activities, kick-off meeting, value proposition conveyance, theme development, schedule management, action/issue tracking, proposal structure, compliance oversight, writing instructions and team guidance, review team coordination, and production oversight.
- Develop/maintain proposal management-related artifacts for each opportunity to include kickoff materials, master outline and compliance matrix, schedule, storyboards and or annotated outlines, writing instructions and templates, daily stand-up agenda, proposal team contact list, action items, and color team review briefings.
- Review/analyze proposal sections for consistency and clarity, compliance with solicitation requirements, and alignment with proposed solutions and themes
- Collaborate with business development and operational leadership to obtain adequate resources for accomplishing a high-quality proposal submission in a timely manner.
- Manage and direct all proposal efforts to include preparation, revision, and submission; establishes and enforces the proposal schedule. Clarify, communicate, and enforce roles and responsibilities of the proposal team members.
- Collaborate with the capture manager, subject matter experts, and other writers to refine proposal sections to ensure accuracy, compliance, consistency, and reflection of win strategies.
- Assist in the development and refinement of templates and standardized processes to streamline proposal development.
- Provide daily updates regarding proposal progress to team via the daily stand-up: action items, identified risks, section status, and schedule. Identify risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Lead/facilitate/drive the discussion during solution strategy sessions with capture manager, volume lead(s), and subject matter experts; capturing and helping to document customer hot buttons, win themes, our approach/solution, and features and benefits at the level required for a compelling proposal response.
- Work with the color review leads to convene color teams and prepare color team package. Lead color review recovery from post-review assessment to providing guidance for implementation of approved content changes and modifications.
- Remain current on all solicitation modifications and communicates them to the team. Revise schedule, outline, and compliance matrix as necessary throughout proposal life cycle.
- Ensure proposal compliance, checking submission for compliance regularly throughout the proposal cycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree (can be substituted with years of experience)
- 16 to 18 years of demonstrated experience managing and winning competitive Federal Government proposals in a defined proposal role
- Knowledge of the proposal development life cycle, and understanding of Shipley or other proposal development processes
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to high-quality material
- Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management
- Excellent work ethic and excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working large and complex deals ($150M+ in dollar value)
- Must have schedule flexibility to work onsite and at times extended hours
- Must possess Active TS with an active SCI or SCI eligibility
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.