SAIC is seeking a motivated and dedicated Program Control Analyst within the Army IT/C5ISR Operation of SAIC’s Defense & Civilian Sector.
This position requires proven experience across project planning and control and variance analysis with a background in Federal procurement. Experience in financial planning and analysis is a plus. Candidate should be familiar with multiple program types (CPAF, CPFF, LOE, FPLOE, FFP, T&M, IDIQs, etc.) with varying degree of complexities.
Only candidates local to Northern VA, Huntsville, AL, or San Diego, CA areas will be considered for remote possibilities.
- Interface with program managers, SAIC’s finance, accounting, contracts, subcontracts, and procurement organizations, as well as external customers on a daily basis to address operational issues in a timely and effective manner
- Support cash flow improvement initiatives by maintaining detailed, complex invoice backup reports that drive customer invoice approvals
- Preparation of financial deliverables and internal/external reports to include invoicing backup
- Support development of Annual Operating Plan (AOP), quarterly forecasts, monthly latest revised estimates (LREs), and Estimates At Complete (EACs)
- Participate in the development of budgets (spend plans) for assigned programs and perform financial analysis on funding profiles and program financial variances
- Conducts cost, schedule, and contract performance variance analysis
- Submit and maintain purchase requisitions for subcontractors, consultants, and materials; monitoring subcontractor’s cost and review/approve of invoices
- Review and support Request for Proposals (RFPs), prepare pricing models and cost analysis
- Support other programmatic ad hoc requests, as needed.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a Finance or Accounting discipline with three (3) years or more of relevant experience in federal government contracting
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Experience in providing financial tracking and support for the government customer in areas of Program Control, Finance, Cost Estimating, Financial Analysis, or Accounting
- Demonstrate the ability to process and analyze large volumes of data in Excel and consolidate into management level reports
- Knowledge of general and corporate business practices, government contracting regulations and principles, and accounting and finance principles
- Complete understanding of financial analysis such as ROS, ROC, annual operating plans, accounts receivable, and revenue & profit forecasts, as well as an understanding of the preparation of program baseline data, EAC development, and cost estimating/pricing
- Can make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, accounting principles
- Well versed in the entire life cycle of a program from proposal development through contract close out
- Ability to balance long-term thinking with short-term execution
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to perform effectively within deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), with advanced Excel skillset
- Ability to prioritize and work with supervision, be persistent in follow-through
- Must be able to multi-task and support program with efficiency and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of Costpoint and Cognos
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.