SAIC is seeking a junior to mid-level Software Tester to support the maintenance/creation of software test suites for a web application. This role is located in San Diego, CA but does telework options. This role supporting the Naval Information Warfare Center.
- Develops and executes test plans, test cases, and test procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Develops test plans, test schedule, and approach. Writes test cases and scripts and identifies data for test scenarios.
- Conducts a walk through on test case/script with Test Managers, Requirement Leads, Project Managers, and Development Leads.
- Performs and leads tests of software and/or IT systems to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Performs verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures and criteria with an appropriate verification environment.
- Documents and communicates test results.
- Supports analysis of test results and resolution of open issues.
- Documents and works to resolve all complex problems.
- Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
- Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
- Creates daily test metrics and reporting.
- Occasionally performs other IT systems engineering activities such as requirements, design, installation, operation, sustainment, and support.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 0 years related experience.
- DoD Secret clearance
- Experience with the maintenance/creation of software test suites for a web application.
- Experience interpreting static code analysis scans from tools, such as SonarQube, and implement the suggested remediation.
- Experience with developing software tests to include JUnit, Cypress, Postman is preferred.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.