Job ID: 2111406
Location: STERLING, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 24, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
DescriptionWe are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Data Scientist to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Required experience and skills:
• Bachelor's Degree and minimum 14 years of experience or equivalent.
• Candidate must be able to favorably pass government background investigation
• Experience with developing predictive models for using large data sets for high transactional volume environment
• Experience with evaluating and measuring performance of models
• Should have a firm understanding of common statistical modeling and techniques (e.g., linear regression, decision trees).
• Conceptual understanding of – and/or prior experiences related to – data profiling, fuzzy matching, entity resolution, and signal detection theory (specifically with respect to SD theory: designing and improving upon systems that monitor, minimize, and balance false positive and false negative outcomes).Perform the above tasks using SAS, SPSS, R, or Matlab.
• Possess the ability to perform with little direct supervision as a self-starter.
• Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Be a self-motivated, creative, and inquisitive problem solver with a strong work ethic.
• Be (or rapidly become) a thought-leader in the area of analytics/data science with respect to entity resolution as it pertains to the customer’s mission.
• Be able to generate written documentation of all work performed.
• Have a customer-focused demeanor.
• Have effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand and analyze data models – how the data is stored in relational databases
• Ability to understand system integration aspects of integrating model input and output in transactional systems to help real time decision making
• Good understanding software application architecture and develop integration approaches for predictive models
• Prior experience in working in a mission oriented environment a plus
• Experience with statistics, modeling and machine learning techniques a plus
• Advanced – Master’s degree Computer Science or Applied Mathematics or Computational Statistics preferred
• Strong organization and time management skills – prior experience in leading a small team is preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Ability to work effectively in a high energy and a very rapid dynamic environment
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.