SAIC is looking for a Surface Warfare Enterprise Senior Policy Analyst in Coronado, CA..
The successful applicant will provide full time, on-site operations analysis and project management support for the Surface Warfare Enterprise (SWE) Readiness Kill Chain (RKC) and Surface Master Plan (SMP) for Commander’s Action Group (CAG), Naval Surface Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet (CNSP N00Z) at the CNSF Headquarters on the Naval Amphibious Base, Coronado CA.
This position provides project management expertise and assistance for the SWE Readiness Kill Chain and the Surface Master Plan and performs special projects, studies and analyses as directed by the customer. Additionally:
- Manages the SWE RKC assessment process, coordinates and correlates results and prepares flag level briefing for presentation at the SWE monthly Advisory Boards
- Develops agendas for and leads the RKC discussions for the weekly SWE Drumbeat meetings, maintains online database of RKC assessment results, BFMs and presentations
- Assists in the development, maintenance and documentation of metrics for SWE RKC. This includes the design, promulgation and maintenance of basis for measurement(s) (BFM) required by various pillar, cross-functional and process teams
- Provides Equipment (E) Pillar support in conducting data analysis of SWE RKC TYCOM metrics
- Provides technical advisory and meeting facilitation support for the Surface Master Plan (SMP), the SMP Maintenance and Modernization Break out Group meetings and other meetings as requested
- Acts as project manager for projects when assigned by the CNSP N9 or his deputy
- Provides expert technical advisory and mentoring support
- Conducts staff training and mentoring in the development of metrics, analysis and project management
The position will supervise a team on the SWE contract, but also anticipate requirements from surface warfare active duty and SES leadership to take inputs from across the other KTRs contributing readiness inputs from across the Navy's surface force and develop meaningful approaches to tackle readiness issues.
Required Education and Skills:
- Master’s Degree (any discipline) and a Bachelor’s Degree in science, mathematics or related discipline
- A minimum of 14 years U.S. Navy experience with a deep understanding of and experience with U.S. Navy man, train and equip processes, warfighting and logistics and PESTONI (Personnel, Equipment, Supply, Training, Ordnance, Infrastructure/Networks) pillars of analysis
- Extensive experience with Surface Ship Hull, Mechanical & Electrical (HM&E) , Combat Systems (CS), and Command and Control, Communications, Computers, and Combat Systems Integration (C5I) shipboard systems
- Recent experience performing analysis, planning, and providing recommendations for one or more U.S. Navy Surface Ship Classes to include elements of manning, training, equipping, and sustainment
- Recent experience in reviewing CNO and OPNAV strategic guidance, maritime strategy, or other Fleet and Joint Doctrines (10 years required)
- Demonstrated strong background in operations analysis and systems engineering
- Familiarity with and skilled in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Database Software Experience with and knowledge of typical management tools, specifically Microsoft Share Point
- Demonstrated superior oral and written communication skills Project Management experience strong attention to detail
- Successfully served in U.S. Navy shipboard command at sea
- Experience with, certification in or knowledge of the following will make the applicant more competitive for this position: Current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, Six Sigma Black Belt
Must have Interim Secret Clearance and obtain/maintain a Secret Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.