SAIC is looking for an Azure Infrastructure Solution Architect to join our Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) team in Washington, DC. The Azure Infrastructure Solution Architect has primary responsibility for the architecture design/planning, management, support, and oversight of the Azure PaaS/IaaS environment. This position is able to be worked remotely for candidates outside of the DC Metro area.
- To conceptualize, design and architect the Microsoft Azure Platform as a Service (PaaS)/Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas) environment.
- Develop the architecture and design deliverables and provide support as an Azure SME.
- Gather specifications and deliver solutions to the organization based on solid understanding of Microsoft Azure domain/technologies to include Azure VM, Azure Storage, Azure Backup, Azure Application Gateway, Azure Files, Azure Blob Storage, Azure Data lake store, Azure AD setup/ design and Azure SQL.
- Direct the creation of public and hybrid cloud-based, proof-of-concept prototypes that assess the feasibility of solutions and demonstrate to our customer how technology can be leveraged.
- Ability to translate and communicate complex architectural design concepts and solutions in a variety of forums, tailoring communications to effectively fit and influence the targeted audience.
- Drive decision making, identify alternatives, pros and cons, and make recommendations.
- Anticipate when architectural change will be needed and prepare the organization for a successful transition.
- Build public and hybrid cloud-based, optimized reference applications/infrastructure, show-casing event driven, elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve the most complex public and hybrid cloud-based issues. Identify and balance risks and rewards to meet objectives.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 10+ years of experience in information technology.
- Azure certifications (preferable Azure Architect Expert).
- Minimum four (4) years’ direct experience and proven success in Azure design, deployment, support, and management of large, complex systems.
- Proven expert knowledge of virtual application delivery technologies.
- Experience building and deploying with Linux, UNIX and Windows technologies.
- Experience supporting and documenting build and configuration changes throughout environments.
- Understanding of industry standard system architecture and system management concepts and tools.
Clearance: Must be able to attain Public Trust
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.