SAIC is looking for a Network Engineer to work collaboratively with other contractors and federal staff at the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) to help improve and maintain the network infrastructure including voice, data, and video. Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support configuration and optimization of network servers, routers, switches, firewalls and VPN.
- Analyze and monitor network workload, capacity, and performance.
- Diagnose and resolve network problems.
- Manage and Maintain the Voice and Networking Infrastructure.
- Research new networking and VOIP technologies.
- Develop network backup and recovery procedures.
- Provide support with Cisco ISR/ASR Routers and Catalyst/Nexus Switches
- Install, test, maintain and upgrade network hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot and coordinate the usage of local and wide area networks (LAN and WAN), telecommunications, VoIP and VPN.
- Provide technical network management necessary to ensure continuous operation of systems with an operational uptime rate of 99%.
- Provides support for exercise and contingency operations to ensure connectivity between the TTB Headquarters and remote field offices and users.
- Experience architecting and supporting Wi-Fi solutions.
- Resolve highly complex network interoperability problems.
- Research new technologies.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required
- 5+ years of experience in the networking field
- Experience managing and configuring Cisco routers and switches.
- Strong experience with Cisco ACI/VXLan
- Familiarity with VPN technologies; Next Gen Firewall Technologies including deep packet inspection/IDS/WAN acceleration services
- Hands on experience configuring/implementing Cisco VOIP solutions (to include hardware and software (jabber) based solutions)
- Hands on experience using VOIP monitoring tools including RTMT and Wireshark
- Hands on experience with CUCM and UCCX and call center configuration.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills/packet capture/analysis skills
- Expertise with routing/switching protocols
- Familiarity with Network Monitoring technologies, Windows Servers and workstations and Virtualization technologies
- CCNA/CCNP Certification is preferred
- VMWare Experience
- Software Defined Network methodology
- Must be willing to occasionally travel/work after hours.
- Active Public Trust clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.