SAIC is seeking a Senior Microelectronics Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering support to the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment (OUSD(A&S)) in the establishment and execution of the Defense Microelectronics Cross-Functional Team (CFT). The CFT is tasked with developing an overarching Government strategy for supply chain risk management of microelectronics components used by Department of Defense (DoD) Multi-domain Command and Control systems as well as other DoD systems.
Job responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the management and general oversight of the Microelectronics CFT
- Engage and collaborate with stakeholders, DoD programs, and microelectronics subject matter experts (SMEs) to include the Strategic Radiation-Hardened Electronics Council to facilitate the assessment of current needs, gaps, and capabilities and the development of proposed paths to address them
- Advise and provide recommendations on strategic planning, processes, and procedures for improving and maintaining DoD’s microelectronic supply chains
- Provide budgeting analysis and support to monitor funding activities related to investments in DoD microelectronics supply chains
- Develop, review, and provide inputs on DoD policy and guidance as necessary to mitigate DoD microelectronic supply chain vulnerabilities
- Develop reports and other documentation as needed to assess, plan, and execute mitigations to DoD microelectronic supply chain vulnerabilities
- Monitor and support correspondence activities on Congressional requirements and briefings, DoD Inspector General inquiries, Government Accountability Office studies, and other strategic level engagements
- Develop briefings with analysis and Courses of Action (COA) recommendations to senior leadership, CFT stakeholders, and microelectronics SMEs
- Support key technical meetings and document meeting minutes, decisions and outcomes
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline or related field; or Master’s and 12 years of experience; PhD and 9 years of experience
- At least 10 years of experience working in microelectronics design, semiconductor device fabrication and/or foundry operations, radiation-hardened electronics, radio frequency electronics, electro-optical electronics, field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), defense electronics industrial base or related areas
- Experience in preparing, coordinating, and presenting briefings
- Demonstrated knowledge of the DoD organizatFional structure and budgeting process, OSD inter-office coordination, and communication protocols
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.