Join SAIC as a Technical Writer and support production review of intelligence products for proper grammar, punctuation, and syntax, as well as for logic, clarity, and consistency. In this role, you will be challenged to ensure that style and format conform to agency publication standards and that language presentation is consistent with prescribed style guides and specialized vocabulary of subject matter fields. Amend draft tables, tone boxes, and graphics to ensure the content supports and is consistent with the accompanying text. Ensure proper classification markings inaccordance with IC guidance. Work with government authors to revise pre-published products for narrative organization, and negotiate further revisions as needed. This positions requires a TS/SCI and we can get you a CI Poly!
- Must have comprehensive technical editing knowledge and skills that demonstrate ability to apply IC and DoD classification and tradecraft guidelines, and procedures.
- Must work independently with minimal oversight and direction.
- Provide logic and systematic approaches to gather, evaluate, interpret, and synthesize multiple sources of information. Interpreting analysis includes, but is not limited to, its meaning, importance, and implications. Demonstrates ability to defend analytic judgements with sound, logical conclusions and adapt analytic judgments when presented with new information, evolving conditions, or unexpected developments.
- Produce timely, logical, and concise analytic reports, documents, assessments, studies, and briefing materials in formats including Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), electronic / soft copy matrices and / or web-enabled formats.
- Communicate complex issues clearly in a concise and organized manner both verbally and non-verbally; with strong grammar skills. Must be proficient using Microsoft Office Tools.
- Provide structured research including, but not limited to, obtaining, evaluating, organizing, and maintaining information within security and data protocols. Recognize nuances and resolve contradictions and inconsistencies in information.
- Communicate understanding from information that may be incomplete, indirect, highly complex, seemingly unrelated, and / or technically advanced. Structures analytic questions based on trends in reporting and a range of analytic perspectives from other analysts, organizations, and intelligence disciplines.
- Collaborate and work with other IC members on information sharing, driving collection, and addressing analytic disputes and conflict resolution.
- Update spreadsheet daily on the status of workflow products.
- Provide timely review of products as they enter tech editor que of workflow.
- Provide concise, insightful, and comprehensive products for defense intelligence.
- Research multifaceted or critical problems to support production requirements.
- Active TS/SCI and the ability to get a CI Poly
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in technical writing/communication
- Experience creating analytical reports and documentation, assessments, studies and briefing materials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in an area related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education is desired.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.